Search Menu

You Can Have Your Own Twin for Just $28,550!

You Can Have Your Own Twin for Just $28,550!

Just when you had written off printers as lame and "so twentieth century" (or "so fifteenth century" if you're Johannes Gutenberg), along comes Pinla3D, a Chinese company that will scan you and Xerox out a plastic replica for just $28,550—truly a low, low price for narcissism realized.

Before you go drowning in your own reflection, there are a few hooks: You have to actually go to China to be scanned, but if you're already there, you can say goodbye to your loved ones and embark on a life partnership with yourself. If you don't have $30K at your disposal, negotiate a higher rate of pocket money, or save up for the $160 12.5 inch version. That way, you can carry you around in your pocket!

A word of warning, if your printed replica gets jammed in the 3D printer, you may feel referred pain and/or find your actual live torso severed in half. *may* (This is a scientific risk, according to a mysterious man on a riverboat in Louisiana.)

If you go for the 12-inch version, you'll have something to press up against this Jon Snow doll... If you go for the full-size version, you'll have something to stand alongside your life-size Ron Weasley cutout. IT IS YOURS TO DECIDE!

Would you like a life-size twin? Who would you like to go with your plastic doppleganger?

[via The Creators Project]

Topics: Life
Tags: inventions, science, twins, china, ron weasley, wants, printing, jon snow, me myself and a cardboard cutout of ron weasley

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Janet Manley

Janet is the Sparkitor who most resembles a common field potato, and isn't opposed to pineapple appearing on a pizza. She is proof that dreams can come true, as long as your dream is to share a love seat with Benjamin Barnes for nine and a half minutes after standing him up for five because you can't work out hotel elevators. Janet once had a smexy dream where Haymitch Abernathy hugged her meaningfully, which I think means they are married now. She would like to third-person you on Twitter @janetmanley

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email