Skip over navigation

WATCH: The Best Snow Day Announcement Ever

WATCH: The Best Snow Day Announcement Ever

By Bailey_Swilley

How's this for a snow day announcement? Head of Durham Academy Michael Ulku-Steiner and Assistant Head of School/Upper School Director Lee Hark crushed their own version of "Ice, Ice Baby" to let students know not to come in. Firstly, everyone loves a snow day. Secondly, this is hands-down the best way to hear that you are getting one. "Check out a book while the ice dissolves it!"

We were so inspired by these two, we made a list of more hip hop singles that need to be snow-ified. We'll leave the beatboxing and rhyme spitting to the pros... so, any takers on making our dreams come true?

"Vortexy and I Know It" (a parody of LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It"

(YouTube/CBS This Morning)

"Snizzo (S.N.O.W.)" (a parody of Jay-Z's "Izzo [H.O.V.A.]")

"No Sleep Til Snow Day" (a parody of Beastie Boys' "No Sleep Til Brooklyn")

"Watch the Zambone" (a parody of Jay Z and Kanye West's "Watch The Throne")

(YouTube/Theresa Loong)

"Snowman's Paradise" (a parody of Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise")

"Mama Said Knock You Out...With a Snowball" (a parody of LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out")

"SNOLO: That's the Motto" (a parody of Drake and Lil Wayne's "The Motto" [you know, the YOLO song])

"Best Snow Day I Ever Had" (a parody of Drake's "Best I Ever Had")

"Cold Digger" (a parody of Kanye West's "Gold Digger")

"Frost In the Trap" (a parody of Nicki Minaj's "Beez In The Trap")

"Your Gloves" (a parody of Nicki' Minaj's "Your Love")

"Definitely Not Hot in Herre" (a parody of Nelly's "Hot in Herre")

[Via Popsugar]

How would you like your school to announce its snow days? Do these teachers belong to you?

Topics: Life
Tags: teachers, winter, viral, covers, snow day, internet videos, cool teachers, vanilla ice

Write your own comment!

About the Author

Bailey Swilley is a writer, web production editor, and comedian living in Brooklyn. She loves to talk about dogs, musical theatre, and celebs... especially Beyonce.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email