Skip over navigation

The other day, a little girl in my dance class overheard a group of us saying that we liked our dance teacher's new boyfriend. We didn't know she was standing there. She was a little confused and asked why our dance teacher, a guy, would have a boyfriend. Feeling that I may not be the best person to explain this to her, I told her that she should ask her mom about it. So, she did. And her mom explained that sometimes men love other men or women love other women, but that didn't mean they were bad people. That just meant they were different. When her mom asked if she wanted to know any more about it the little girl replied, "No. God loves everyone, and so should you." Her mom told me about it the next week, and that was all I could think about for the rest of class. If it was simple enough for a little girl to understand, why are there hundreds of adults who don't get it?

These words came to my mind when I saw a friend's mom post on Facebook about the same sex couple on Good Luck, Charlie. She started out with "I know many gay people who I like, but..." . She went on to explain how being gay was wrong, how it had know place on family T.V., how it was an "abomination" in the eyes of God.  This woman, and the many men and women who liked and commented on her post, are proud to be "good" Christians. But they certainly weren't acting like it.

I don't think God loves everyone, but homosexuals. I do NOT think God loves everyone, but those who are different. I think God loves everyone. And, so should you.

I realize there are Sparklers who aren't Christian. I hope I haven't offended you, but I felt it needed to be said. I felt you all needed to know. I think no matter what religion you are, you can love everyone.

God loves everyone, and so should you.

Topics: Life
Tags: love, acceptance

Write your own comment!