Skip over navigation

I CAN'T EVEN: Stella Sisters Edition

I CAN'T EVEN: Stella Sisters Edition

By Janet Manley

Where have I been this past week, you ask? Nearly immovable in front of my computer, binge-watching Nashville on Hulu while winter bellowed by the window. Little-known fact about me: I was among the 40 million people who bought Shania Twain's "Come On Over," and have been a Garth Brooks fan ever since a scarily enthusiastic exchange teacher made our acquaintance in grade five. I have watched Crazy Heart I think ten times. I have all the John Denver and all the Johnny Cash, and I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO FIRST AID KIT, who sort of toe the line between country and folk.

So IMAGINE MY EYEBALLS when the kids on Nashville, Reyna's daughters Maddie and Daphne, opened their wee mouths and sang a duet. SWEET HEAVENS, that seven-year-old is possessed! I yelped. Then I did some googling and found out that the actors are Lennon and Daisy Stella, two real-life sisters who were discovered via YouTube, like all good fairytales, when they were eight and thirteen. Here is their cover of Robyn's "Call Your Girlfriend" that drew national attention:

Aaaahhhhh! Yes? But it gets better. Here they are on Nashville singing a cover of the Lumineer's "Ho Hey."

After watching this, I'm basically ready to sell my computer here for a banjo, and throw my sneakers out for good while pulling on some cowboy boots. For those of us who have ever dreamed of forming a family band and running away to a life of sweet, sweet harmony, this video is basically everything. In fact, during middle school, my sister and I put together a pretty professional routine on the swingset (we took out the monkey bars and were using it to do horsey flips and back hip circles), later to perform it in matching pink outfits for our parents. I still have a picture of it...

***FILE NOT FOUND***

Thank goodness. Alright, I'mma give you guys one more Stella Sisters video and then I'm out. Here we go:

Holy mandolins, you guys.

Are you obsessed with the Stella Sisters, or is it just me?

Ho, Hey.

Topics: Life, Entertainment, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: nashville, country music, viral, tweens, internet videos, young superstars, duets, stella sisters, lennon and maisy

Write your own comment!

OR

About the Author
Janet Manley

Janet's desk was moved into the hall for the duration of coursework on Roman numerals in grade four, and she cannot tell one Rocky from another to this day. Her spirit animal is a wombat, and she has not written a novel. Dauntless, Gryffindor, Mockingjay. She tweets @janetmanley

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.