Skip over navigation

Writer Wars: Tales of Horror

By reidfaylor Feb 3, 2014

1 of 4

Writers, last week your prompt was simple: scare me until my brain doesn't work. I will now check whether or not you accomplished said task. Ahem.

2 + 2 = ... uh ... um ... I dunno ... something more than 2? 3? 3.5?

You did it! Great work—now I can't do my taxes. Your stories tackled several kinds of horror, from spine-tingling eeriness to bloody stomach-churning murder to the most unsightly horror of all: SparkNotes disappearing. This week's Sparklers' Choice Award goes to CrepuscularSnidget, whose tale of dark London streets and the grim desires of Jack the Ripper (almost wrote Rapper—that would be a very different story) won 9 votes, thus earning her an illustrated version of her story to be posted later this week. Excellent work, it genuinely sent numerous chills down my spine—not sure how many, but more than 2. 2.5?

Topics: Life
Tags: sparklers, slideshows, short stories, creative writing, writer wars, true stories, illustrated slideshows

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
reidfaylor

Reid Faylor is a stand-up comedian, cartoonist, writer, and whimsically bearded gentleman living in New York City. He owns a cat named Mr. President. You can follow his tumblr at reidfaylor.tumblr.com.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.