Skip over navigation

Ohio State Has the BEST Marching Band

Ohio State Has the BEST Marching Band

By Aislinn Shevlin

I was not a band geek in high school, in fact, everything I know about marching bands comes from the Nick Cannon movie Drumline (so... not much), but this video is a wake-up call.  Marching Bands are awesome! My first thought when I was watching: "Wait is this China’s opening ceremony from the Beijing Olympics?" And then I realized, no it’s not, it’s better!

So I guess Ohio State’s marching band works off a different theme for every halftime show, and last weekend they picked “Hollywood Blockbusters.” Already I’m intrigued. Then they make a formation of a flying Superman and a falling building and the rest is unreal. How about when Harry Potter plays quidditch and gets the snitch? Or when the Tyrannosaurus Rex from Jurassic Park eats someone? Are you kidding, I loved it! But how did they do that? They’re like synchronized swimmers, except they’re on land and also playing instruments. Does their coach watch from the stands while they’re practicing and yell out commands from a megaphone? I just have so many questions. Also, pretty cool nod to their mascot, with “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me).” They are the Buckeyes after all. These guys win the super bowl of marching bands, or whatever it is college football teams win.

Let’s take a moment of silence for everyone at that game who got up at halftime to get a soda.

Topics: Life
Tags: college, news, amazing things, music, marching bands, videos, ohio state

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!