Skip over navigation

Writer Wars: It's All Fun and Games Until The Cotton Candy Runs Out

By Chelsea Dagger Oct 22, 2013

1 of 5

AHOY, BUTTSKIS! My sincerest apologies for missing last week's Writer Wars; I was hard at work on a top-secret project that is going to CHANGE. YOUR. LIFE. I can't give you any more details at the moment, but rest assured that I did not skip our time-honored Tuesday meet-up just to eat raw cookie dough and re-watch Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (I mean, I was doing both those things, but also IMPORTANT STUFF, too). Last we spoke, I challenged you to write a short story that took place inside an amusement park, and you all did BEAUTIFULLY. CrespuscularSnidget's gorgeously-written gem took home the Sparklers' Choice Award with 13 votes, and you can check out her tale, complete with Reid Faylor's phenomenal illustrations, later today. To find out which other submissions earned top honors, just click Next!

Topics: Books, Life
Tags: sparkler stories, writing, slideshows, writers, creative writing, writer wars, creative writing prompts, writer wars winners

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.