Skip over navigation

Glee Will End After the Sixth Season

Glee Will End After the Sixth Season

By Janet Manley

It feels like just yesterday the Glee gang were having slushies tossed in their faces, and tapping the catalogues of Madonna and Lionel Bart HARD in season one. But Glee creator Ryan Murphy has announced that season six will see the show-choir curtain come down on the cast for good. That's right, no more Will Schuester hair jokes, no more Sue Silvester sweatsuits, no more career-reviving turns by pop stars. Do we all really have to graduate high school and move on and, like, do things? Ryan Murphy says yes.

Speaking with Variety, Murphy said that he had originally mapped out the end of the series, which was to close on a shot of Rachel and Finn together, but that the death of Cory Monteith upended his plan:

“The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn’s story. I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was, he was in it. I knew what the last line was, she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we’re figuring that out now.”

The tribute episode to Finn/Cory aired recently, and featured the original cast members, leaving open the cause of Finn's death. Luckily, after the show ends for good there will be enough YouTube videos/mash-ups/homages on the interwebs to keep us going for at least another three made-up seasons. Plus, we have to sit down and listen to the full soundtrack of the show in reverse, to see whether there are any secret messages within. And THEN, we have to speed up the soundtrack for Glee: The Chipmunks Take Their SATs. Just, can I keep Chris Colfer?

What are some of your fav Glee moments from the past five seasons? How will it end?

[via Crushable]

Topics: Entertainment, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: glee, musicals, cory monteith, celebrities we love, glee finale, television shows

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Janet Manley

Janet's desk was moved into the hall for the duration of coursework on Roman numerals in grade four, and she cannot tell one Rocky from another to this day. Her spirit animal is a wombat, and she has not written a novel. Dauntless, Gryffindor, Mockingjay. She tweets @janetmanley

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.