Skip over navigation

"Worst Twerk Fail EVER-Girl Catches Fire" Was a Prank!!!

By Ashley Brooke Roberts

Ah! Last week's crazy viral video "Worst Twerk Fail EVER - Girl Catches Fire!" was a hoax! We've been pranked by Jimmy Kimmel, my friends. Kimmel revealed last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live that they staged the whole thing but left its popularity and viral fate to the whimsies of the Internet, saying "We didn't send it to any TV station, we didn't tweet it. We just put it on YouTube and let the magic happen."

The video starts with "Caitlin Heller" making a twerk vid for her bf and ends with her yoga pants on fire. Turns out Heller is actually a professional stuntwoman named Daphne Avalon. The video got over 9 million views in six days and lead to a flurry of local news stations warning about the dangers of twerking. Bahahahahahaha. Glad she's safe! But seriously, watch those candles when busting a move, okay Sparklers?

[via ABC News]

Topics: Life
Tags: pranks, news, dancing, videos, jimmy kimmel, twerking

Write your own comment!


Write your own comment!


About the Author
Ashley Brooke Roberts

Ashley Brooke Roberts is a stand-up comedian, writer, and actor living in Brooklyn. She's a performer at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater and can usually be found smiling at random dogs on the street. Follow her on twitter at @AshleyBRoberts.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.

From Our Partners