What Does Your Dorm Decor Say About You?
All those choices and colors mean something, whether you know it or not. Are you prepared for the truth?!? Let’s break it down.
If you have...
Posters from Wes Anderson movies, a few sepia toned photos taped on the wall, and two antique suitcase that you use as a nightstand, that means...
1. You are funny and smart, and sophisticated for your age.
2. You take yourself seriously, despite being so darn hilarious.
3. Every year, you re-read Catcher In the Rye or Slaughterhouse-Five. There might be something you missed!
4. Your favorite season is “Cardigan.” Buttons are the best!
5. A morning without a perfect cup of coffee or tea is a day that isn’t worth living.
A collection of Muppet dolls on a shelf, posters from the last three Judd Apatow movies, and some odd props like a rubber chicken and disguise glasses means...
1.You’re a devout comedy nerd, and you were probably the class clown in high school.
2. You believe in the doctrine of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and the night they hosted the Oscars goes down as one of the GREATEST OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.
3. Quoting Monty Python is your favorite pastime with your BFF. “Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!”
4. You don’t understand schools that don’t have improv teams. What is that about?!
5. When your other friends are out at mixers or football games on Saturday nights, you’ll probably be in your dorm watching Saturday Night Live.
Framed photos perfectly aligned on the wall, a vase of fresh flowers, color coordinated jewelry on display means...
1. Elle Woods is your personal hero.
2. Everything in your life is color-coordinated: your class schedule, your makeup, your brushes, your shampoos, your books, your pens, your index cards… shall we go on?
3. You’ve been toying with the idea of pledging a sorority, but you feel like it may interfere with your already busy and well-structured schedule.
4. To you, there’s nothing better than a perfectly-manicured cupcake.
5. Pink is not a color. It’s a state of mind.
Moroccan lanterns, a giant tapestry, funky gold curtains means...
1. You’re a Human Studies major.
2. You're considering joining the Peace Corps after college.
3. You love campus yoga, chai tea, and the sweet, sweet smell of patchouli.
4. Sandals and sneakers are going to be pretty much all you wear this year.
5. Weekends will be spent in the country, or at least outside, until it becomes absolutely freezing out.
Giant world map, knick-knacks from your last vacation, photo albums full of shots you've taken on different vacations means...
1. You don't exactly know what you want to do with your life, but you're excited about it anyway.
2. You don't mind watching foreign films.
3. You're an adventurous eater.
4. There's a pushpin on your floor. Don't step on it!
5. You have seven crushes on international students at your school. Worlds collide, ZOMG!
Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce photos and posters, bedazzled lamps, colorful wigs mean...
1. You are a karaoke goddess.
2. You aren't afraid to audition for things.
3. Your Halloween costume for this year is already hanging up on display in your room. BEST HOLIDAY EVEERRRRR!
4. Your roommate loves you because you do her makeup all the time for free and let her borrow your clothes.
5. Every day is an opportunity to showcase how awesome you are.
Sports Equipment, Soccer jerseys, trophies from victories past, that means...
1. You kept all those baseball card style sports photos from your childhood and even carry a few around for good luck.
2. You’ve been to the school gym a total of 40 times already and it’s not even been a month yet.
3. You have season tickets to every college game on campus.
4. Your roommate has already had to speak to you once about yelling at the TV too loudly.
5. Your favorite food is smoothie. Yuuuuuuuuuum-o!
How did you decorate your dorm?