Demi Lovato is set to join the cast of Glee next season, appearing alongside Adam Lambert. Demi will play "Dani" (similar name alert!), a new friend of Rachel and Santana. Her first appearance will come in the second episode, a Beatles tribute (!!!) airing October 3.
Demi's character is supposed to interact a lot with Lambert, and the two will perform several songs together. Fingers crossed for a "Heart Attack"/"Whataya Want From Me" mashup!
According to TVLine, Demi will appear in "at least six episodes," which means we should see a lot of the X-Factor host during season 5. Here are a few suggestions to the Glee writers for awesome Demi/Dani story lines:
- Demi plays a barista-slash-aspiring singer, spurring a Starbucks-inspired dance sequence (guest starring Anna Kendrick, who will sing "Cups" with vent Frappuccinos)
- Demi plays a New York street performer (gyro juggling, naturally) who captures the heart of Santana
- Rachel and Santana both meet Demi separately, then compete to be her BFF via a series of wacky antics, including at least shopping montage
- Demi plays a Rachel clone, down to the Broadway/Barbara Streisand aspirations, and the new besties must compete for the same role (the role of Street Urchin #3 in an off-Broadway production of The Miserables!, a Les Mes parody)
- Demi plays a waitress at Rachel's favorite veggie burger joint, and Lambert plays her sleazy boss, who has an evil plan to add sausage to the veggie dogs
- Demi plays a mime with a heart of gold
- Alternatively, anyone plays a mime with any sort of metal heart
What would you like to see Demi do on Glee?