Skip over navigation

There's a New Romeo & Juliet Movie and YOU ARE GOING TO LURVE IT

There's a New Romeo & Juliet Movie and YOU ARE GOING TO LURVE IT

By Chelsea Dagger

Relativity Media

DID YOU BUTTS KNOW ABOUT THIS?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?! Apparently I need to broaden my Google search horizons beyond "SHIRTLESS FINNICK ODAIR" and "what are the legal ramifications of kidnapping joseph gordon levitt and feeding him love potion," because I've missed something HUGE: on October 11th, Relativity Media is releasing an updated version of the most famous love story ever told, and it's starring one of SparkLife's favorite young actresses, Hailee Steinfeld! Yep, the 16-year-old actress who's currently kicking ass as Petra Arkanian in Ender's Game will also play the lovelorn Juliet—and just wait till you see who's playing her Romeo.

Has anyone ever looked so good in ridiculous Shakespeare-era frippery? NEGATORY. This fine gentleman's name is Douglas Booth, and Hailee admits that she hand-picked him to star as her lovahhhhh—with those lips, we really can't blame her. *WINK WINK, NUDGE NUDGE*

Oh, and have I mentioned that the one and only ED WESTWICK (the deliciously baaaadd Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl, who possesses a supernaturally chiseled jawline and who once accidentally touched Sparkitor Emily Winter's butt with a pool stick—YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY, STOP GIGGLING LIKE A SCHOOLCHILD) is starring in this film as Tybalt? IT'S LIKE ALL MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE. Check out the amazing trailer below—you're going to get chills, I GUARANTEE it—and then hit the comments to call dibs on Mr. Westwick. WAIT TOO LATE I ALREADY DID THATTTTTTT SUCKKERRZZZ!!!

For even more Romeo and Juliet, head over to the official poster debut on TeenVogue.com!

Are you totally excited for this movie? To be honest, I'm not a huge Shakespeare fan (SACRILEGE, I know), but I think this adaption seems awesome! ALSO, I am officially going to start carrying a sword wherever I go and shout "COME AND SETTLE WITH ME, BOY" at anyone who looks at me funny.

Topics: Books, Life, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: romeo and juliet, shakespeare, hot guys, romeo + juliet, new movies, hailee steinfeld, ed westwick

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.