Skip over navigation

Writer Wars: The Shortest Stories Ever Told

By Chelsea Dagger Jul 23, 2013

1 of 5

There were 98 COMMENTS last week, butts! NINETY. EIGHT. If my math is correct, and I like to think that it is, that's nearly 100—which means you are all certified COMMENTING CHAMPIONS. You'll each receive a congratulatory plaque in the mail sometime within the next 47 years (I have to whittle the plaques from large bars of soap stolen from the SparkLife bathroom, and I can only sneak about 3 soaps out per week (I have very small pockets). IT'S GOING TO BE A TIME-CONSUMING PROCESS, TO SAY THE LEAST). All of you crafted spectacular (and spectacularly brief) stories in response to my Hemingway-inspired prompt, and the time has come to find out who took top honors! Click through the slideshow to check out last week's best submissions, and then hit the comments to reply to the latest Writer Wars prompt!

Topics: Books, Life, Advice, The Internets
Tags: sparkler stories, writing, slideshows, writers, sparkler fiction, creative writing, writer wars, writing prompts

Write your own comment!

OR

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.