Skip over navigation

Your Favorite Children's Books-With a Hilarious Twist!

Your Favorite Children's Books-With a Hilarious Twist!

By Chelsea Dagger

Flavorwire/Jennifer Lewis

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, The BFG, Calvin and Hobbes—remember how much you loved those books when you were a kid (and/or last week, when you re-read them for the 1000th while lying upside-down on the couch and spraying whip cream into your mouth)? Well, prepare for that love to multiply TEN-FOLD, because the geniuses over at Flavorwire just combined your favorite childhood reads with the funniest, most memorable characters from Parks and Recreation—and the results are mind-blowingly brilliant. You can see three of the Parks and Rec-tified book covers below, and head on over to Flavorwire to check out all 12!

Ron Swanson is a paragon of manliness and bacon. He adores meat-related foodstuffs more than anyone else you have ever met—so what better cover for him to grace than Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?

TOM HAVERFORD, I LOVE YOU. JEAN RALPHIO, WILL YOU MARRY ME. I would give up every Cheez-it I own to spend the day with these two fantastic troublemakers, whose carefree, child-like attitudes and irresistible charm make them the perfect pairing for Calvin and Hobbes.

One word: LITERALLY.

-All images courtesy Flavorwire and artist Jennifer Lewis!

Which book is your favorite? Don't forget to check out all 12 right here!

Topics: Books, Life, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: books we love, children's books, tv series, shows we love, parks and recreation

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.