Skip over navigation

From Hannah Montana to Hotpants and Fauxhawks: Miley Cyrus' Style Evolution!

By Chelsea Dagger Jun 28, 2013

1 of 17

All Access/Splash News; Featureflash/Shutterstock

Credit:

Miley Cyrus is a proverbial lightning rod of  pop culture controversy (I've been trying for 3 years to casually work the phrase "proverbial lightning rod" into a sentence and NOW I FINALLY HAVE. VICTORY, THY NAME IS DAGGER); sure, she's got legions of adoring fans, but for every teen girl who idolizes her, there's one who can't stand her. Her bold sense of style, undeniable self-confidence, and tell-it-like-it-is attitude have cemented her status as a pop sensation—and a sexy one at that. But before she donned thigh-high boots and twerked in a unicorn onesie, Miley made a name for herself as the Disney Channel's sweet, sassy Hannah Montana—a persona (and a style) that she seems to have left happily in the dust! Click through the slideshow to see how her fashion choices have changed over the last few years, then hit the comments to tell me whether you love or hate her bold new look!

Topics: Life, Fashion, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: miley cyrus, slideshows, pop culture, controversy, personal style, celeb style, red carpet style, fashion slideshows, gorgeous gowns, style evolution

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.