Skip over navigation

Crack Open the Butterbeer: Selena Gomez and Ed Sheeran Are Dating!

Crack Open the Butterbeer: Selena Gomez and Ed Sheeran Are Dating!

By Janet Manley

What do you get when you cross Disneyworld and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter? TRUE POPPY LOVE. This important bulletin comes to you as news has reached the Sparkshores that Rupert Grint's alter ego (Ed Sheeran) is dating Selena Gomez, a romance facilitated by all-around philanthropist, mansion-haver and nautical queen T-Swizzle. Here's the background: Selena was dating the Biebs, and Tay-Tay and Ed were making a music video together, but now all the pieces have come together in a babyfaced dream. And we have Taylor to thank! Like a good friend/Tommy Lee Jones, Swiz ran the go-between, passing notes until music history was made. Here's the likely contents of her note-couriering:

To: Ron

Hey Edmonton, I have a cute friend who says you should "Come and get it."
Whaddaya think?
Ponies,
T

To: Tayrantula

Hey Legs, who is this cutie? Tell her "U.N.I." should hang some time.
Crayons,
E

To: Ed

Hey Education, she'll be at my Lego House this weekend if you're around. BYO charm.
Femurs,
T

To: Swiffer

Hey T, you're on. Fly her to my heart. BYO sandwiches.
Marmalade,
E

We don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but when Selena and Ed collaborate on the world-changing duet that they are destined to create, unicorns will fly out of drainpipes and rainbows will bloom across the earth and changerooms will cease to have downward lighting. It will be WONDERFUL. *Hat tip to Taylor.

Are you guys excited about potential heart-shaped music videos from Selena and Ed? Should we call them Seled?

[via Crushable]

Topics: Celebs & Stuff
Tags: dating, news, taylor swift, music, justin bieber, couples, selena gomez, ed sheeran, celebrity couples

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Janet Manley

Janet's desk was moved into the hall for the duration of coursework on Roman numerals in grade four, and she cannot tell one Rocky from another to this day. Her spirit animal is a wombat, and she has not written a novel. Dauntless, Gryffindor, Mockingjay. She tweets @janetmanley

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.