Skip over navigation

Writer Wars: You're All Geniuses in My Book

By Chelsea Dagger Jun 18, 2013

1 of 4

HAVE YOU SEEN REID'S WRITER WARS SLIDESHOW?!!

If you haven't yet basked in the glory of his masterpiece, which pays illustrated homage to the story that earned the most votes last week, then you'd best go check it out it right now. I'm not kidding. Get over there, fast. NOW IS NO TIME FOR LOLLYGAGGING, SPARKLERS! MAKE HASTE!

Are you back? What'd you think? Totally awesome? I CONCUR. And I'm thrilled to announce that Reid has graciously agreed to illustrate the Sparklers' Choice story EVERY WEEK, which means the stakes to this sudden-death fiction match-up just got even higher. But I have no doubt that you can handle the pressure; the last round of submissions were ASTOUNDINGLY GOOD, especially given the tricky, open-ended prompt. You already know that NinJas_are_Mi won the Sparklers' Choice Award, but you're about to find out which stories won my heart (thereby also winning 10 mungbeans of their choice from my extensive mungbean collection)—just click next!

Topics: Books, Life
Tags: writing, slideshows, fiction, sparkler fiction, creative writing, writer wars, creative writing prompts

Write your own comment!

OR

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.