Skip over navigation

Summer Swimsuits: Plus-Sized Edition

Summer Swimsuits: Plus-Sized Edition

By Ricki Hurtado

Welcome to your summer guide to plus-sized swimsuits! Step right up, folks, because this year we have everything you need. Summer is the perfect excuse to show off your curves and gain plenty of confidence points—after months of hiding our hips under long pants, we can now let it BREEEATHE. Here are my favorite swimsuits to flatter your figure, if you're a plus-sized gal like me and can't wait for some sun!

One-Piece Suits:

• Polka Dots
    Who doesn't love the cute and retro look? Polka dots are and always will be adorable. This once piece from ModCloth is very girly. It's sweet, it's simple, it's perfect for summer.
  • Strapless
    One of the biggest advantages of being plus-sized is having the perfect figure to rock a strapless suit! If you've got the goods, then Forever 21 has an amazing strapless suit with a ruffle down the middle that is simply adorable. Come on, it has flamingos on it for crying out loud! What more could you want?
  • Swimdress
    We're not talking about a grandma swimdress here. We're talking about a "Maybe no one will realize this is a swimsuit so I can wear it everywhere!" kind of swimdress. The jaw-dropping suit on my mind is from Macy's, but there are tons more out there. (And seriously, do you think I can get away with wearing this out to dinner?)
  • Rompers
    Just the thing for sporty girls, and once again I've got to recommend an awesome Macy's suit.

Two-Piece Tops:

• Tankini Racerbacks
    If you want to go directly from lunch to poolside, then try a top that looks like a shirt! This tankini top from Target looks like a regular racerback—just pair it with shorts and flip-flops and you're set!
  • Small Print
    Tankini tops with small prints flatter your figure. They make your waist look small and bring out your curves! Old Navy has a really cute animal-print top that will look great on anyone.
  • Tiered Bandeau
    If you're a girly-girl, then a tiered tankini top is your best bet. The ruffle pattern will cover your stomach and highlight your curves. Check out this gorgeous top from Dillard's, sweet and simple and ready for some sun!

Two-Piece Bottoms:

• Solid Boy shorts
    Boy shorts are the perfect pairing with any top. They're cute, they're modest, and they go with everything. JCPenney has a great pair for cheap, high-waisted to tuck your tummy and short to showcase your thighs!
  • Solid Hipsters
    If you don't want to cut off your thighs, then a pair of hipsters will work just fine. I like this pair, from Kohl's. Check out the cute little bows on the side!

What kind of suit will you be rocking this summer?

Topics: Life
    Tags: fashion, summer, swimsuits, plus-sized fashion

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!