Skip over navigation

Other Words for "Hot"

Other Words for

By Valerie Burn

We describe people as "hot" a little too often. That barista (baristo?) at Starbucks? Hot. Your friend's stepbrother? Hot. That guy in the State Farm commercial? Hotttttttt.

This weekend my aunt described Adam Levine as such: "I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers." It was then we decided we need a few more words in our vocabulary. We are writers, after all. Describing everyone and their brother (literally) as "hot" is not only repetitive, but boring.

So, here is our non-exhaustive list of ways to describe babes and hunks, in ways other than dull ol' "hot." Not that we'd complain if someone called us hot...

That guy / girl is...

• a dreamboat
  • slammin'
  • captivating
  • foxy
  • aesthetically-pleasing
  • swoon-worthy
  • made in America, IN THE GORGEOUS FACTORY
  • fresh out of the bakery (Hot buns? Sweetness? Get it?)
  • eye candy
  • a total Hemsworth
  • crushable
  • the bee's knees
  • the cat's pajamas
  • the mole's mole
  • smokin'
  • tempestuous
  • a babesicle
  • making me melt
  • magical
  • breathtaking
  • makeout-worthy
  • easy on the eyes
  • simple on the contact lenses
  • fit (Brit slang alert!)
  • brilliant (Brit slang alert x2!)
  • fetch (BRIT SLANG x MEAN GIRLS!)
  • delectable
  • hunky
  • mackable
  • fiiiiiiiiiine
  • heart-stopping
  • hypnotic
  • smoldering
  • stunning
  • a Taser to the heart

What are your favorite words to describe someone as "hot'"? Do you love or hate any of these words?

Topics: Life
Tags: crushes, lists, hotness

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Valerie Burn

Valerie Burn is a very cool Midwestern lady. She has lived in tons of exciting places, such as Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and Michigan. She spends her free time snuggling her beautiful, perfect dog Teddy, and reading the entire internet every day. Valerie enjoys eating things, buying things, and writing things, as well as watching terrible TV.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.