Skip over navigation

We Need More Girl Bands!

We Need More Girl Bands!

By Ricki Hurtado

Rick Davis /Mirrorpix/TREND/Splash News

I'd be lying if I told you I hate boy bands. As much as I'd like to act smug towards the teen heartthrobs of today, I have been and always will be an *NSYNC fan. I mean really, how can you not board that dreamboat? And I will gladly take on any Backstreet Boy fan. Who do you have? Aaron Carter's older brother? We have JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!! Come at me, bro!

But while these groups of hunky singing males are the perfect market for screaming adolescent tweens, I have one question: Where my ladies at?

Seriously, how come there are NO all-female music groups?? I can name at least 10 boy bands off the top of my head (I'm not proud) but I can only name 4 girl bands.

1. The Spice Girls
  2. Destiny's Child
  3. The Pussycat Dolls
  4. The Cheetah Girls

That's it. And only half of them are good! We have tons of incredible female artists who have the best voices ever! How awesome would it be if we could get all of that talent into one band?

Here are some suggestions for all girl bands that need to happen ASAP.

Bad Girlz: P!nk, Rihanna, Nikki Minaj, Ke$ha

These chicks are a group of independent women who don't let anyone stand in their way! They're terrible role models and they LIKE IT! Oh, and yes, the "z" in place of an "s" is entirely necessary.

Big Eyes, Big Hearts: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Lucy Hale

Seriously, how do all of the girls have anime eyes? TSwizzle is an exception, but considering she's written a song for every guy she's been with, her "big heart" will compensate.

Soul Sistas: Beyonce, Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Lana Del Rey

The plan here is to basically take the best female singers ever and put them in a group.

Lady Gaga (x4): Poker Face Lady Gaga, Born This Way Lady Gaga, You and I Lady Gaga, Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta

Man, how CRAZY would it be to get all four of those ladies in one place?!

Do you have a favorite girl band or female musician? Tell us in the comments! We know a ton of Sparklers who love Hayley Williams from Paramore--do you think she'd fit into any of these groups?

Topics: Music, Life
Tags: katy perry, taylor swift, music, beyonce, rihanna, lady gaga, boy bands, justin timberlake, adele, female musicians, music we love, girl bands

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!