Skip over navigation

Who Is Your Celeb Best Friend? Emma Watson vs. Jennifer Lawrence

Who Is Your Celeb Best Friend? Emma Watson vs. Jennifer Lawrence

It seems like every time our homegirl Jennifer Lawrence does something very cool, Emma Watson seems to do something even cooler (somehow). ARE THEY SECRETLY COMPETING TO BE OUR BEST FRIEND? We think so. And here's how we chose one to be our bff.

Round 1: Boy Talk

On boys, my girl Emma says, “The saddest thing for a girl to do is to dumb herself down for a guy.”

Jennifer is pretty mum about the men in her life, but we're guessing she (1) is a little busy for a relationship, and (2) does alright. We rather like that her interviews do not revolve around men, who she's dating, or how she wants to find love. It makes her a cool, unspoken feminist, that will not be defined by relationships or marriage. Still, give us some deets, girlfriend.

Point: Emma. We just love that quote. GET IT GIRL!

Round 2: Staying Normal

Emma said in an interview: “I hope my head doesn't get very big. I'm just going to keep my feet on the ground, stick to friends and family and try to lead a normal life.”

Jennifer agrees. She says she needs her friends around to stay normal: "As hard as it is and as tired as I am, I force myself to get dinner at least once a week with my girlfriends, or have a sleepover. Otherwise my life is just work."

We love that both girls recognize the need to stay grounded in Hollywood, and know that friends and family will keep you there. Still, Jennifer's response manages to show a little more personality. Plus, we are free for dinner tonight, JL.

Point: Jennifer. What we would do for an invite to that sleepover...

Round 3: School & Stuff

Emma has attended Brown University, which is one of the country's best colleges. Before attending, she explained: “I think university, the college experience, just sounds so great. I just don't want to miss out on it. I think it's a great time to make friends. I think it's a great time to figure out who you are and what you like."

Which is precisely it. College is certainly not for everyone, but it is a fantastic experience, and not just from an academic standpoint. You make so many lifelong friends and learn about living on your own. College is pretty cool.

J's less into school. About school, she said, "I always felt dumber than everybody else. I hated it. I hated being inside. I hated being behind a desk. School just kind of killed me."

Point: Emma. Jennifer is no dummy, but sometimes you gotta sit behind the desk. Keep your eyes on the prize!

Round 4: On Growing Up

Jennifer says: "Teenagers only have to focus on themselves—its not until we get older that we realize that other people exist." Deep.

Emma says: "As I've got older, and since I cut all my hair off, I've felt a bit more liberated about trying different things out." We like that Watson's loosened up a bit since her early HP days (she's said before that she's quite a bit like Hermione, which, well, says a lot), but we wish she would relax a little more.

Point: Lawrence. We were like "ohmygosh that's exactly what happens!!!"

Round 5: Grab Bag.

Jennifer says pretty much the best and, sometimes, most random things ever. Some gems include:

• "I want a pizza with my face on it."
  • "I wanted to be a doctor when I was little, so I'm okay with blood and guts."
  • "I hate saying, 'I like exercising'—I want to punch people who say that."
  • “[Cough] Sorry! That was phlegm. That was so powerful. I’m like a dragon!”
  • “As soon as somebody farts around me, I think it’s hilarious. [She pretends to farts, then laughs.] This is something my brothers did that now the boys at work are obsessed with. You cup it, and then you throw it in someone’s face and say, ‘Take a bite out of that cheeseburger!’”

We aren't even going to pretend that Emma is as wacky as Jennifer. Emma is a lot more normal and restrained. Calm might be a good word, especially in comparison to Jennifer. The things she says are almost always sweet, level-headed, and mature. Which is cool, but a little boring sometimes.

Point: Jennifer.

AND THE WINNER IS: JAYYYYY LAW. Congrats. Jennifer Lawrence is your new best friend. Will someone call her and invite her over for pizza?

Who would you rather be your best friend—Jennifer or Emma? Tell us, we're begging you!

Topics: Celebs & Stuff
Tags: friends, celebrities, best friends, emma watson, jennifer lawrence, celebs

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Valerie Burn

Valerie Burn is a very cool Midwestern lady. She has lived in tons of exciting places, such as Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and Michigan. She spends her free time snuggling her beautiful, perfect dog Teddy, and reading the entire internet every day. Valerie enjoys eating things, buying things, and writing things, as well as watching terrible TV.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.

From Our Partners