Skip over navigation

The Sparklife Inquisition

Sparkler Post
The Sparklife Inquisition

Nope, not about the civil war. And not about burning heretics, because there's no clear majority with one belief system so we'd end up all burning each other and - but I digress.

Here's the deal. I'm sure that many, if not all of you have noticed that there are quite a few spammers up and about. Now, the Urban Dictionary defines a spammer as

1. Someone who post needless amounts of crap on a forum.
  2. Someone who sends too many e-mails to the same person.
  3. Someone who will up a chat window with the same thing repeatedly, or something that means nothing at all.

We're looking at number 1. Right now we have two kinds, those who do the I-make-so-much-money-now-click-here type deal and the in-order-to-thank-you garbage.   Now, while being aware of the spammers, I never gave them more consideration than a red flag until an intelligent Sparkler named CrepuscularSnidget asked "Can we declare civil war on the spambots?" I called it the inqusition because it conveys that something is going on, but isn't as likely to be confused with the recent series of debates labelled the civil war. Savvy? Okay, let's move on then. Here's the deal. Most of us are pretty [insert obscenity of your choice] annoyed by the spammers right now. What to do?

1. Flag their comments.
  2. Come here and put their name on the denunciation list (which I will open with the first comment).
  3. If you're zealous, go to their profile, chech their most recent comments and flag all spam.
  4. If you're still zealous, check this list and do the same for all spammers on the denunciation list.

What's gonna happen? Hopefully we can work together and kill a lot of Spam. Also, one of two things is gonna happen. Either you guys like what I'm writing and decide it's worth upvoting, in which case eventually one of the Sparkitors will check it before putitng it on the main page, and they will hopefully see the deninciation list and kill all those accounts. Or, you guys like it, but not enough to upvote, in which case I simply send the denunciation list along with a request for the termination of those accounts by email. So no pressure to upvote this, they're getting the list either way.

Oh, please read the D-List before posting a new name so we don't end up with a bunch of repeats.

Let me close with a (slightly edited) quote from LotR: Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons and Daughters of Sparklife, of Mindhut, my brothers and sisters! I see in your eyes the same annoyance that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of sparklers fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered threads, when the age of sparknotes comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Website, I bid you *stand, Sparklers of Sparklife!*

Signed, Aradan, self-appointed Sparkguardian

Topics: Life

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!