Skip over navigation

Who's Ready For a Brand New Despicable Me 2 Trailer?!

Who's Ready For a Brand New Despicable Me 2 Trailer?!

By Josh Sorokach

Universal Studios

Cancel your afternoon plans, guys: the minions are BACK! A brand-spanking new trailer for Despicable Me 2 was released today, and it's chock-full of adorable, overall-wearing butter beans (or are they tater tots? Baby bananas? Miniature Twinkies? Mike and Ike's with eyeballs? It doesn't even matter, we just know that we MUST HAVE ONE.) Steve Carell reprises his role as the loveable former (current? future?) super-villain Gru as he reluctantly teams up with the Anti-Villain League to take down a dastardly new foe. And by "reluctantly teams up with," I obviously mean "is forced against his will via lipstick taser."

Take a look!

The legendary Al Pacino joins returning favorites Kristen Wiig, Miranda Cosgrove, and Russell Brand, and you can hear them all when Despicable Me 2 hits your local theater on July 3rd. New gadgets, fun weapons, and chubby yellow potato bugs wearing firemen outfits?! July 3rd can't arrive soon enough. My only question is, "How do I get my own personal minion? And actually, can I have three?"

Are you excited for Despicable Me 2?

Topics: Life, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: cute things, steve carrell, movies we love, movie trailers, animated movies, summer blockbusters, minions, despicable me 2

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Josh Sorokach

Josh Sorokach is a comedy writer living in New York City. He's a former American Idol winner, three time Olympian, and habitual liar. Follow him on twitter @Joshsorokach.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.