Let’s take off our smug, sarcastic hats and capes for a minute and all admit that Fast Five (the fifth installment of the Fast and Furious franchise) was one of the best action movies of the decade. Sure, it was goofy and dumb, but it was also more fun than a rollercoaster zoo. If you wanted a good time, that movie delivered. And now we're just a few short months away from the next movie! So yes, we were excited to see Fast and Furious 6 even before we saw the trailer.
And then we saw the trailer. And now we’re getting "Fast and Furious 6 Rulz" tattooed on our foreheads.
If you haven’t seen the trailer, check it out below and prepare your smile face.
Holy crap! Did you see that? Did you see what happened in that trailer?
Here are ten reasons to get excited about Fast and Furious 6.
1. The car takes down a cargo plane! A new swear word must be created to fully express how this makes us feel, and that new word is, Grackulous!
2. Everyone is in this movie! Series regulars Vin Diesel and Paul Walker return, along with Dwayne Johnson, Ludacris, those other people, Michelle Rodriguez, and more! We wouldn’t be surprised if Garfield and Bilbo Baggins showed up to say hi.
3. There’s a tank! Did you see that tank? Grackulous!
4. You can see it even if you haven’t seen the other Furious films. At this point, the overall story matters far less than the action scenes. So if you’re not sure why Michelle Rodriguez's return is a big deal, or how Dwayne Johnson fits in, don’t worry about it. If the story gets too confusing, eat a fistfull of popcorn and by the time you stop chewing, the story-part will be over and something’s gonna go boom!
5. That car has a ramp-thing that pops out and then that cop car launches off the ramp thing! Ramp thing!
6. The movie is filled with pretty people. It’s wall-to-wall hot guys and hot girls! Bring a drool bib.
7. Ludacris says, “It’s vehicular warfare!” (BTW: That’d be a hell of name for a band or your mountain bike.)
8. Don’t forget about that car that destroys the cargo plane. Don’t you dare forget.
9. The movie is coming out in May, when the weather will be warmer and everything is sexier.
10. Katherine Heigl isn’t in it.
Admit it, you want to see this movie with all your might!