After returning home from marching band practice one night and waking up sick the next morning, it dawned on me that the weather sucks. This is why I hate it:
1. The weatherpeople are often wrong in their predictions. They'll predict eighty degree weather and it'll magically turn out to be forty. It'll start pouring out of nowhere if the forecast calls for clear skies. I think they should just get real psychics to be meteorologists to make things easier. (I said real psychics. Not guys pretending to be.)
2. It decides what I wear. I can't wear a tank top and shorts in the snow, nor can I wear my combat boots in the middle of a heat advisory. Sure, I can wear a T-shirt, jeans, Converse, and a hoodie to be prepared for any weather, but what's the fun in that? Variety is the spice of life.
3. Sometimes, it goes from one extreme to another. Maybe it's bright and sunny until Loki steals Thor's toothbrush and a storm arrives. I don't care about the reason. I just do not appreciate the drastic changes in weather. At all.
4. The weather has the worst timing. On my homecoming day, it was really cold. (I also heard that it was snowing for some of you guys.) And when Halloween comes, it's too chilly to dress up as your favorite Powerpuff Girl. But when Christmas rolls around, there isn't a flake of snow in sight.
5. It's why I'm sick right now. Combine reasons one and three and you'll understand my *cough* predicament. *sneeze*
What do you guys think?
Originally published on October 6, 2012.