Skip over navigation

Real or Faux? Guess the Internet News Headlines!

Real or Faux? Guess the Internet News Headlines!

By Chrissie Gruebel

You know you’re living the beautiful, information-rich life you deserve as an American citizen when a quick headline search produces both “Pentagon Ends Ban on Women Serving in Combat Zones” and “Kate Upton Washes a Mercedes in Slow Motion.”
And now that you have that operational example of what constitutes a headline in today’s internet land, we’re gonna play a little game. We searched for our favorite headlines to create the list below, and now it’s up to you to tell us—are they real or faux? (Scroll to the bottom to see the answers—but don’t peek! We trust you.)

Justin Bieber—Victorious in $9 Million Deafening Scream Lawsuit
REAL or FAUX?

In a Minnesota Bog, a Festival of Birds
REAL or FAUX?

Wanted: Mom Willing to Give Birth to a Neanderthal
REAL or FAUX?

Fox News Team to Make Film Debut in Anti-Obama Documentary
REAL or FAUX?

Flu Turkey Dinner a Tasty Way to Treat Your Illness
REAL or FAUX?

The Dodge Dart Registry: It's Not Just for Weddings Anymore
REAL or FAUX?

Watch 62 years of Global Warming in 13 Seconds, Then Cry
REAL or FAUX?

Warnings From a Flabby Mouse
REAL or FAUX?

"Honey Boo Boo" Star Arrested for Being "Honey Boo Boo" Star
REAL or FAUX?

You Are Going to Die
REAL or FAUX?

ANSWERS!

Real! Biebs’ billions are still safe and thank goodness, because otherwise, what would the children eat?!

Real! Bird and bogs—clear your calendars for the social event of the season.

Real! A dude at Harvard wants a surrogate baby mama.

Faux! It's actually Barack Obama's half-brother, which is cooooold.

Faux! It's actually a flu SORBET, guys. Make so much more sense.

Real! Though, if I were getting married and planning on doing this, I don’t think I’d stop at a Dodge Dart. I'd go for the Lambo.

Faux! Well, the first part of the headline is real... but the crying part is just my own personal plan for what I’ll do after reading the article.

Real! But if we really wanted warnings about why we're getting fatter, we could just pick up a lady magazine.

Faux! Crazy Tony was arrested in "gorilla suit stunt," but he should probably be arrested for ALL his life choices, not just this one.

Real! And yes, we all knew that—but all news stories can be boiled down to this sentiment, so I kinda appreciate that they cut right to the chase.

How many did you get right? What's the most ridiculous headline you've ever seen on the interwebs?

Topics: Life, The Internets
Tags: quizzes, funny things, crazy things, justin bieber, celebs, headlines, honey boo boo

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chrissie Gruebel

Chrissie Gruebel is a bunch of things separated by commas, but more often than not, she’s a writer, comedian, and wearer of too many colors at once. Here she is on Twitter: @chrissiegruebel.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.

From Our Partners