20 Things To Do While You're On Hold
I tell ya, Sparklers, growing up is not all it's cracked up to be. I actually have to do things now, for myself! It's awful! Before, my mother would schedule my dentist appointments for me, but I now have to make the effort to pick up the phone, look up the number, and dial. It's exhausting.
And apparently, today's the day everyone decided to get a filling, because I've been on hold for 9 minutes and 47 seconds so far! But rather than waste my time, I spent (approximately) 10 minutes thinking of 20 things you can do while you're on hold:
- Brush up on your recorder skills. Someday you'll know more than "Hot Cross Buns." ...Someday.
- Start your own comic strip called "Reggie the Hedgehog" that deals with everyday struggles, you know, for hedgehogs.
- Practice different accents to use when you go on vacation.
- Go through all your VHS tapes and see which ones you need to get on DVD.
- Draw mustaches on all the people you didn't know in your middle school yearbook, not out of hate, but because if they had a mustache, you would have liked to know them better.
- Master the cup song so you can impress random students in college.
- Start a chain email saying an ocelot will eat all of your food at 9:34 p.m. tonight if you don't forward this to at least 47.5 people.
- Memorize all the random trivia on the Disney Scene It 2nd Edition game cards.
- Attempt to make your own candle out of crayons.
- Clean up the mess of melted crayons.
- Make the ultimate hand turkey.
- Make the ultimate pillow fort.
- Make the ultimate ultimatum.
- Find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop.
- Fill out your application to Hogwarts.
- Purchase an owl online.
- Cancel the order after your realize the owl might tear up your Hogwarts application.
- Write a Valentine for Darren Criss.
- Decipher the code on the back of your cereal box. Man, those puzzles are a lot more challenging now!
- Write a post for SparkLife.