Skip over navigation

20 Things To Do While You're On Hold

20 Things To Do While You're On Hold

By Ricki Hurtado

I tell ya, Sparklers, growing up is not all it's cracked up to be. I actually have to do things now, for myself! It's awful! Before, my mother would schedule my dentist appointments for me, but I now have to make the effort to pick up the phone, look up the number, and dial. It's exhausting.

And apparently, today's the day everyone decided to get a filling, because I've been on hold for 9 minutes and 47 seconds so far! But rather than waste my time, I spent (approximately) 10 minutes thinking of 20 things you can do while you're on hold:

1. Brush up on your recorder skills. Someday you'll know more than "Hot Cross Buns." ...Someday.
  2. Start your own comic strip called "Reggie the Hedgehog" that deals with everyday struggles, you know, for hedgehogs.
  3. Practice different accents to use when you go on vacation.
  4. Go through all your VHS tapes and see which ones you need to get on DVD.
  5. Draw mustaches on all the people you didn't know in your middle school yearbook, not out of hate, but because if they had a mustache, you would have liked to know them better.
  6. Master the cup song so you can impress random students in college.
  7. Start a chain email saying an ocelot will eat all of your food at 9:34 p.m. tonight if you don't forward this to at least 47.5 people.
  8. Memorize all the random trivia on the Disney Scene It 2nd Edition game cards.
  9. Attempt to make your own candle out of crayons.
  10. Clean up the mess of melted crayons.
  11. Make the ultimate hand turkey.
  12. Make the ultimate pillow fort.
  13. Make the ultimate ultimatum.
  14. Find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop.
  15. Fill out your application to Hogwarts.
  16. Purchase an owl online.
  17. Cancel the order after your realize the owl might tear up your Hogwarts application.
  18. Write a Valentine for Darren Criss.
  19. Decipher the code on the back of your cereal box. Man, those puzzles are a lot more challenging now!
  20. Write a post for SparkLife.
Topics: Life
Tags: annoying things, lists

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!