Skip over navigation

Blogging My Little Pony

Blogging My Little Pony

By Ricki Hurtado

If you have been on the internet at ALL since 2010, chances are you've heard the word "Brony." For those of you out of the loop, a Brony is a guy who loves the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It's amazing to think that a show designed for little girls is so popular among teenage dudes. That being said, if a bunch of guys who just barely qualify as adults like it... it's gotta be good.

Hey, if it weren't for high school/college dudes' opinions on television, I would have never discovered Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, or even The Office. Every young generation needs a good TV show, and who better to pick the best one than 90s kids?

Confession time: I have never seen My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The brightly colored cover art for the show has been on my Netflix suggestions list for quite some time now. I just never got around to watching it. I had more important things to watch! And by "more important things," I mean the six episodes of Sherlock over and over again. HOW DID SHERLOCK DO IT?!?! You know what I'm talking about! I've been watching the last episode on a loop for weeks now, trying to figure it out, but the only theory I can come up with involves magic, marshmallows, and Benedict Cumberbatch's cheekbones.

Now, I have had a deprived childhood when it comes to cartoon shows. I didn't get cable television until I was in middle school, so for 13 years we only had 21 channels on our TV. That means until 7th grade, the only shows I watched were Arthur, Dragon Tales, and Cyberchase. It explains why I'm always nice to others, don't swear, and am awesome at math. Since I my mind is empty of cartoon shows, I think of this little experiment as a favor for my brain. I want to become a Pegasis, I really do! And here's how I plan to do it:

1. Each week, I'll watch  2-3 episodes of MLP:FIM. I have high hopes, so I don't want to consume too much awesomeness in a single dose.
  2. Every Friday, I'll share my thoughts on the show. I can give you a rundown of what happens in each episode, but ONLY if...
  3. You watch the show with me. This is a scary experience for me. It's like that time I went over to my friend's house to watch Rugrats even though I wasn't allowed. I need someone to be there for me and to reassure me that I'm just experiencing something new, not bad.

This is my chance to be cool, Sparklers. Which is kinda sad, when you think about it. And the only way to be cool is by hopping on the nearest bandwagon, not matter how lame. Let's be Pegasisters and Bronies together!

Who's in??

Topics: Entertainment
Tags: tv, my little pony, bronies, blogging my little pony

Write your own comment!

OR