Skip over navigation

The Hunger Games vs. Sherlock vs. Doctor Who vs. My Little Pony

The Hunger Games vs. Sherlock vs. Doctor Who vs. My Little Pony

By Gabriel Laks

Lionsgate/istockphoto/Splashnews/Hasbro

The MindHut

I need you to tell me which of these is the one thing I should watch/read/consume! Let me explain...

I have a confession to make: as a twenty-three-year-old graduate of college I am officially an aging geek.  Now I know what you're saying: "Gabe, 23 is not that old."  And while that may be true in our universe, in the world of the classic film "Logan's Run" I would be just seven-years away from state-mandated death (NOTE: THIS IS THE KIND OF REFERENCE AN OLD PERSON MAKES)!  Is it hard?  Yes, yes it is.  Harder than anything.  Not a day goes by when I don't think back on my halcyon days as an 18-year-old male, when 95% of entertainment was made just for ME. Now, as a 23-year-old male, only a pitiful 94% is. How times have changed.

As a result of all this nonsense, I sometimes miss out on the hep new entertainment that just drives the kids wild.  Sure, I can talk your ears off about Batman.  But The Hunger Games?  Not as much.  The purpose of this column is to document my exposure to new kinds of geeky content I may have missed out on by virtue of being an old fuddy duddy.  This is where you come in.

I want you, THE READERS, to vote on what I should watch and/or read in its entirety.  I will then do so, and write up my impressions.  So what do you think?  Should I dive into...:

1.  The Hunger Games Series

2.  Sherlock

3.  Doctor Who (David Tennant - Present)

4. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

My next week's worth of time is in your hands.  Please do not lead me astray, or else I'll... write a bad review of what I watch, I guess?  I have very little power.

Topics: Life, Mindhut
Tags: movies, tv, the hunger games, doctor who, benedict cumberbatch, comics-and-books, sherlock, matt smith, my little pony: friendship is magic

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Gabriel Laks

Gabriel Laks is a Seattle born and New York-based writer and director. His work has been featured in such places as College Humor and Channel 101, and his writing has been quoted in The New Yorker. Gabriel currently resides in Brooklyn, in an apartment filled to the brim with Adam West Batman memorabilia.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.

From Our Partners