Skip over navigation

How to Make Mexican Hot Chocolate

How to Make Mexican Hot Chocolate

By Shivani

I’m freezing, and there’s not even the small consolation of snow to soothe me. Currently I’m a burrito, wrapped in several blankets and bundled up in all the fleece and sweatpants I could find. In a last-ditch effort to save myself from hypothermia, I’ve been eating a lot. Actually I’d be eating a lot anyway, but I like to pretend it’s for a sensible reason. Hot chocolate is essential for keeping warm in the winter, but it gets a little old after the eightieth cup, which is why I like to try different varieties—like Mexican hot chocolate! The red pepper powder helps dress it up and keeps things fresh by combating the cold and deepening the flavor of the chocolate.

Mexican Hot Chocolate (Serves 1)

Ingredients:

• 1 cup milk
  • 4 tablespoons instant hot chocolate mix
  • ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
  • ¼ tsp chili powder
  • Whipped cream (for topping)

Directions:

1. Mix ingredients together in a cup.
  2. Heat in microwave for 1 ½ minutes or until hot.
  3. Top with whipped cream and drink immediately.

How do you stay warm in the winter?

Topics: Life
Tags: recipes, winter, cold, drinks, cooking with shivani, cold weather, hot chocolate

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @padmashiv.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.