Skip over navigation

How to Make Nutella and Strawberry Crêpes

How to Make Nutella and Strawberry Crêpes

By Shivani

While everyone else has been sticking to their resolutions, I’ve been suffering from some cosmic Post-Event Letdown. After the rush of Christmas and New Year’s Eve, as well as winter break drawing to a close, I can’t help but feel a little sad. Honestly, I’m bored and a little lonely. As a result, I’ve been binging on Gossip Girl and end-of-the-year clearance sales, as well as nerding around the kitchen experimenting with different recipes and eating my weight in Red Vines and leftover holiday cheese.

There’s something about breaks in general that turn me into a curmudgeonly recluse, but that’s nothing copious amounts of good food can’t fix. Currently, I’m obsessed with making the perfect crêpe.

It’s pretty easy to put a good one together, but I’m trying to find the exact combination of size, fillings, and folding to make a good crêpe great. I’ve gone through a bunch of savory stuffings including eggs, meats, mustard, and all sorts of other things, but the current winner is a huge crêpe with lots of Nutella and strawberries. It’s a classic combination for a reason, and just as easy to put together as a stack of pancakes.

Nutella and Strawberry Crêpes
Serves 4

Ingredients
1 cup flour
½ cup milk
½ cup water
2 eggs
2 tbsp butter
¼ tsp salt
Strawberries, hulled and sliced to taste
Nutella to taste

Directions
1. Whisk together the eggs, flour, milk, salt, water and butter until smooth.
2. Over medium high heat and on a lightly buttered pan, cook the crêpe using about a ¼ cup of batter for each one. The batter should spread on its own to the appropriate thinness, but swirling it around the pan will help get the right consistency.
3. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom, then turn over.
4. Serve with Nutella and strawberries.

Topics: Life
Tags: food, recipes, breakfast, cooking with shivani, sweets, nutella

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @padmashiv.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.