Skip over navigation

Now You See Me VS. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone: Which MAGIC MOVIE Do You Want to See?

Now You See Me VS. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone: Which MAGIC MOVIE Do You Want to See?

By Chelsea Dagger

Summit/Film-o-Filia and Warner Bros

Take a moment and picture a young Chelsea Dagger: clever, sweaty, terribly handsome—in short, a born magician. But even as an 8-year-old, I knew that my chubby fingers and utter lack of hand-eye coordination (I had the athletic skills of a small red panda), would never allow me to pull off the intricate, complicated tricks or the superb dance moves required of a true showman. However, I've always admired the art of the illusion (especially when Gob, Buster, and Tony Wonder are involved) and could never turn down a good magic-related flick (this one pretty much blew my MIND)—so just in case a a few of you Sparklebutts share my enthusiasm for dramatic lighting, card tricks, and high-stakes intrigue, I figured I'd share these two trailers.

Now You See Me:

First Reactions:

- WHAT UP, MR. ZUCKERBERG. Jesse Eisenberg doesn't look too shabby when he's got some stubble.

- Am I the only one who didn't know about James Franco's hot younger brother, Dave? HELLO THERE, DAVE. FANCY A MILKSHAKE AND A MAKE-OUT SESH?

- THE HANDCUFF THING! THE HANDCUFF THING!

- Any movie that has Woody Harrelson, Mark Ruffalo, and Morgan Freeman is pretty much a guaranteed winner in my book.

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone:

First Reactions:

-Important life lesson: magic beats bullies!

-How could anything with Steve Carrell ever be bad, especially when he's wearing so much bedazzled velour?

-I think I might hate Jim Carrey, but I can't pinpoint why.

Which movie do you want to see? (You're allowed to answer "both," but you'll need to give a detailed justification backed by numerous scientific facts.)

Now You See Me Image Credit: Film-o-Filia

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone Image Credit: Warner Bros

Topics: Life, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: magic, steve carrell, thrillers, jesse eisenberg, new movies, actors we love, funny movies, magicians, now you see me, the incredible burt wonderstone, movie trailer, dave franco

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.