Did You Know...?
Hello out there! I was cleaning up my bookshelf, and I found some papers with a bunch of random thing-a-ma-bobbers and facts on them--both science-y and funny. They even have jokes on them! I thought to myself, "Hmm... I should share these with my fellow Sparklers." Sooo, here it is!
- More than 6,000 people with pillow related injuries check into U.S emergency rooms each year.
- Orangutans warn people to stay out of their territory by belching.
- A duck's quack does not echo, and nobody knows why.
- Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- It is impossible to cry in space because of something to do with gravity.
Pick-Up Lines 101:
- Is your last name Ruth? Cause you're a babe.
- Let's make like fabric softener and snuggle.
- I hope you know CPR because you take my breath away.
- If you were a Dementor, I would become a criminal just to get your kiss.
- Baby, if you were words on a page, you would be what they call fine print.
Haha. If these lines don't work, then I don't know what to tell you.
Now I leave you with this quote:
Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Woo! Should I continue these? Or should I just stop because you guys are just finished with me? Leave a comment! Pretty please.
Originally published on December 28, 2012.