20 Signs You Need a Nap
Life is busy for the modern teenager. Wake up at the crack of dawn, do your chores, go to school, go to sports/band/theater/Scrabble practice, do your homework, do your chores, read SparkLife, do your homework, watch Who, do your homework, read SparkLife, do your homework, go to bed. And that's just Monday. It's exhausting. Studies show teens need 9 1/4 hours of sleep a night, and most aren't getting it. Are you one of them? Here are 20 signs you could use a nap.
- You just drooled on yourself and there is no food in the vicinity.
- You just drooled on the person next to you. Period.
- You are contemplating MacGyvering a contraption that will hold your eyelids open out of mechanical pencil lead and Scotch tape.
- You just want to rest your head for a moment...
- ... on the bathroom stall door.
- It's 10:00 in the morning.
- It's 3:00 in the afternoon.
- It's 3:00 in the morning. Just go to sleep already.
- You can't remember where you put your car keys...
- ... and they're in your hand.
- This is your third Red Bull of the day.
- You don't remember the last 12 pages of the book you're reading...
- ... and you've read the same page 12 times.
- Your only conversational contributions involve the letters 'u' and 'h': uh, huh, uh-huh, uh-uh.
- You just threw a tantrum...
- ... on the floor of a McDonald's.
- The couch in that student lounge everyone is scared to go into is looking pretty comfy right about now.
- You pour juice over your cereal...
- ... or cereal into your juice.
- You fall asleep in the middle of an interview with Dr. Drew.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Do you take naps?