Skip over navigation

How to Make the Greatest Cheese Fondue, Ever!

How to Make the Greatest Cheese Fondue, Ever!

By Shivani

Break out the sequins and bubbly, it’s almost New Year’s Eve. It’s arguably the most festive night of the year, what with all the parties, glitter, noisemakers, Ryan Seacrest, and fireworks. There’s something about the year ending that forces people to get as much rowdiness and debauchery out of their system before wiping the slate clean and taking on a host of resolutions. It is by far my favorite holiday mostly because I like shiny things and will grab any excuse to dance embarrassingly to Top 40 hits. In years past I’ve done both huge parties and hung out on the couch with my family and the common thread running through every year is the presence of copious amounts of food. This year it’s all about fondue. The fun of dipping, the ease of not really cooking and the freedom to flit about taking in the atmosphere is what makes it work well for parties of any size. It can work both as a main course or as part of a snack spread and most people are really impressed by it.

Cheese Fondue
Serves 4-6

Ingredients
1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
1 cup shredded Gruyere Cheese
1 cup Chicken Stock
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
Broccoli, Carrots, Crusty Bread, Green Apples, Pretzels, Skewered Meat and anything else you like in cheese for dipping.

Directions
1. In a large bowl heat stock in microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until very hot. Add cheeses, a ½ cup at a time stirring and microwaving an additional 45 seconds after each addition. Microwave and stir until cheeses are fully melted.
2. When the cheese is melted stir in salt.
3. Serve immediately with various dipping items.

What's your favorite New Year's Eve treat?

Topics: Life
Tags: parties, food, holidays, cooking, recipes, new year's eve, life, cheese fondue

Write your own comment!

OR

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @padmashiv.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.