Skip over navigation

How to Make Swedish Chocolate Balls

How to Make Swedish Chocolate Balls

By Shivani

Christmas is just around the corner, and I’m excited. Between all the hot chocolate and shopping for presents, it’s time to engage in the age-old tradition of holiday baking. Sugar cookies, icing, sprinkles, and flour are all over the place, covering every flat surface in the kitchen except for the floor. Classic holiday cookies are classic for a reason, but my favorite treats to make around this time of year are far less labor intensive. When I was younger, my mom never let me near the oven, mostly because I was prone to making messes and getting into accidents. Instead of baking, my mom and I made Swedish chocolate balls. They require nothing more than a little mixing and rolling before they’re ready to eat. After almost fifteen years, we’re still making them, and no Christmas in my home is complete without them.

Swedish Chocolate Balls
Makes 12

Ingredients
1 cup rolled oats
¼ cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
¼ cup butter, softened
½ coconut flakes

Directions
1. Mix the oats, cocoa, and sugar together until fully combined. Add the butter and mix until an even, thick mixture is acquired.
2. Place coconut flakes on a plate.
3. Take small amounts of the mixture and roll and squeeze between your hands to make small balls. Roll the balls in the coconut flakes.

What kind of cookies do you and your mom make? Or are you more of a order-Chinese-food family?

Topics: Life
Tags: recipes, christmas, cookies, desserts, treats

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter @Shivani_Aluru.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.

From Our Partners