It’s Thursday the 13th! Spooooooky! Here are the reasons to smile and yell.
1. The Golden Globe nominations were announced, and Lincoln is nominated for everything. It’s as if the Golden Globe nomination committee didn’t even see Battleship.
2. It’s still Hanukkah! More gift-giving holidays should be eight day events. (President’s Day, I’m looking at you.)
3. Did you watch the 12/12/12 concert? How was it? How many people at the benefit made you ask, “Who is that?”
4. It just wouldn’t be the holidays if at some point during the month your fingers aren’t covered in raw cookie dough.
5. Happy birthday, Taylor Swift! Hey, this one time I dated a girl and we had pizza. After all you shared with us about your love life, it’s only fair that I return the favor. So...there ya go.
6. Some babies were born yesterday at exactly 12:12 a.m. or p.m., and you know those kids will grow up with annoying stories about how they were born on 12/12/12 at 12:12 and we’ll all have to pretend to care. “Oh really? And your lucky number is 12? And you have a 12 tattoo? And there's a 12 in your phone number? You’re fascinating!”
7. Word of the Day: November. Definition: Seriously? You don’t know what November means? It’s a month. It’s not quite December, but it’s really not August. It’s when you get colds. Example: Even loser babies know the definition of November.
8. Barber shops and doctor’s offices have baskets of free mini-candy canes just sitting out in the open. They’re meant for little children, but can’t we stop all this age-discrimination?
9. This guy makes crystal ball juggling look easy, but keep in mind: He’s obviously a wizard.
10. Study Tip: If you’ve never taken an exam before, there is no need to study because “beginner's luck” has you covered.
11. Strawberry milkshakes make everything better, even heartache and chapped knees.
12. Money Matters: If you read a book in one sitting, you can save hundreds of dollars on bookmarks over the course of your life.
13. If you love old Zelda games and the music of Skrillex, this flash game is for you!
14. There are 11 days until Christmas. Use your time wisely by playing that Skrillex game mentioned above.
15. Cat of the Day: Invisible ones!
16. Everyone looks 10-pounds heavier in photos, and here’s the science to explain it.
17. Gandalf Cough: A fake illness you use to get out of school tomorrow because you were out all night at The Hobbit midnight show.
18. Add mint to anything and it makes it Christmas-y, such as cake frosting, tea, or spaghetti.
19. Guillermo del Toro’s new movie will be 178% amazing. Check out the trailer for Pacific Rim.
20. Watch the Pacific Rim trailer again. You deserve it.
21. Gift Idea for Your Dad: A present. Get him a present. He’ll like it.
22. Elf Quote of the Day: “Can I listen to your necklace?”
23. If you don’t know the words to a Christmas song, just make bell noises and it’ll usually work out just fine.
24. Watch the Pacific Rim trailer again.
25. Quick Poll: