Skip over navigation

Metalhead on His NBK Series: I'm Done.

Metalhead on His NBK Series: I'm Done.

By Contributor

No no no, guys, this does not mean what you think it does. I'm not done writing for SparkLife, and I'm definitely not done with my quest to lose my NBK status. But I am done with my NBK series, and I want to explain why I'm ready to leave it behind forever. But before we get to that, here's a quick recap of the last few months:

-I sadly did NOT make it into the school play (Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead) but I did get to see it twice. It was pretty amazing, and I figure I would have only made it worse if I'd been in it. :P

-Drama III has been going extremely well. Our sketch comedy show was met with wild applause from the 30 or so people who attended, and I have a sweet video of the sketch I was in. I'm gonna put it on my YouTube soon. (Just look up metalhead865.)

-I was one of eight people in our annual male beauty pageant. I won the Mr. Superstar superlative for the song I played, and was described after the show multiple times as "most heterosexual."

-Improv started up again, and it went really, really well.

- I released a brand new album called Kick!

And that's about it. No progress with Natasha yet. Wait, that sounds really dehumanizing. Let me try again: Natasha has not expressed any romantic interest in me. (That's better.)

This last bit of news is one of the main reasons I'm done blogging about my NBK experiences: I lost one of my best friends.

No, she's not dead. She's just not my friend anymore. It turns out, when you blog about someone for a while, and they figure out that you did, they get just a LITTLE bit creeped out. And sometimes that can cost you a friendship.

In light of these recent events (and in order to help avoid potential embarrassment and extreme creepitude), I'm going to end my NBK posts in the most graceful way I can, and stick to music reviews and the occasional VS post with Crazywritergirl. But if you want to keep up with me, you can always read my personal blog here, and my music blog here!

This is not goodbye, this is just me ending the great run we've had. Thanks so much for following along and giving me so much support and advice, and I'll see you guys around (maybe on the OT)!

Peace out,
Metalhead

Are you sad to see Metalhead's NBK series end?

Topics: Life, The Internets
Tags: crushes, high school, never been kissed, nbk, mankler posts, nbk mankler, metalhead nbk, crush drama

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!