Skip over navigation

Make Your Own Tank Top!

By Shivani Sep 17, 2012

1 of 22

I fell in love with a $120 tank top. I did not buy it, however, because I refuse to buy $120 tank tops on principle. Especially as this was an ultra-casual shirt made of cotton and polyester. The style, however, stuck with me, so I ended up making my own. This shirt is great for transitioning from summer to fall and incorporates three big trends: sheer,back exposure and a high-low hem.

A word of caution, this is a slightly more difficult DIY. Polyester is slippery and putting together an entire shirt (without a sewing machine) is relatively labor intensive. That said, the final product is worth it and doesn’t take that long to put together.

Topics: Life, Fashion
Tags: fashion, diy, clothes, crafts, tank tops, life, how tos, shirts, do it yourself

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter @Shivani_Aluru.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.

From Our Partners