Skip over navigation

Talie Crosses Another One Off Her Bucket List

Talie Crosses Another One Off Her Bucket List

By Talie

Do you know that moment where you feel like the whole world around you is changing? And you don’t know if it’s good or bad, but you us know that it’s changing. And you don’t want it to.

Yeah, me neither.

You might be wondering to yourselves, “Why did Talie start off this post in such a dramatic manner?” It is because, my dears, the item off of the Bucket List that I completed is positively stuffed with drama…

Numero 19: Run after a car in a very dramatic manner.

If I’m being honest with myself, the dramatic scene witnessed by the innocent bystanders was probably not so dramatic. But in my mind, it was something straight out of a soap opera. It was so dramatic that it brings tears to my eyes every time I look back on that moment in my minds’ eye.

So, ladies and gentlemen, without further adieu, I present to you:

THE DAY THE WORLD STOPPED “CAR”ING

Talie ran out of the house, looking desperately for her bestest friend in the whole entire world, Manders. “MAAAANDERS!” She screamed. “MAAAAAAAAAAAANDERS!! WHERE ARE YOU??”

“Talie, I’m here!” Manders yelled, sprinting towards her. “I am afraid that I must…” She bit her knuckle in despair and looked off into the sunset to hide her tears. “Depart.”

A waterfall of tears hurled themselves out of Talie’s eyeballs. “NO! No… you cannot. For who shall be the sister I never had, but found within you? Who?? WHOOO???”

“Talie… it is time.” They hugged, yet it was slightly awkward for it last longer than 30 seconds, and they were unsure of when it was an acceptable moment to pull away. But pull away they did. Manders could barely choke out her last farewell, for her throat was tight from crying… and pain…. and possibly because she had a cold.

As Manders drove away, Talie realized that she wouldn’t lay her eyes on her blondie best friend for three months. THREE MONTHS. So she ran after the car, screaming her head off, the tears soaking her shirt. She ran for her life. She ran for the chocolate she couldn’t have, alas, there was none her house. She ran because The Office announced this would be its last season, and that was something that she just couldn’t handle.

Talie tripped, flying through the air, past the druggies that were too stoned to notice the girl with the fluffy hair billowing behind her like a giant, unfortunate hairball. In that moment, Talie saw her life flash before her eyes. A life with out Manders (for 3 months).

“MAAAAAAAAAAAAANDERS!!!!!!” She yelled to the sky, shaking her fists in anguish.

Fin.

It was a very traumatic experience, to say the least.

Also, a big THANK YOU to the beautiful, sparkling Sparklers that checked out me and Mander’s vid. (See what I did there? Now that I’m a YouTube sensation, I’m using the correct lingo.) I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed singing the poop out of that song. SERIOUSLY. We sang it over and over and over and OVER again. Honestly, the whole famous thing is nice, but what I’m concerned with is that what I do makes people happy. And maybe, possibly, inspires some people. Or whatever. You know. I feel awkward now. I also like potatoes.

Anyhoo, I’m off to college on Saturday. Joy doesn’t even begin to describe the feeling inside. I AM SO HAPPY.

I bid you adieu, dearest Sparklers.

Talie

Topics: Life
Tags: cars, college, friends, talie, blogging my bucket list, chasing cars

Write your own comment!