School is a great place to find and acquaint yourself with new crushes. You can sit next to that hot guy in your math class, or borrow notes from the cute girl in your history class...and that's all well and good, if you happen to share the same class. But how are you supposed to do that if you don't share any classes (without being totally, embarrassingly obvious)? We've got a few tips...
- Bump into them in the cafeteria. Yes, this could require waiting patiently outside the caf until your crush shows up and then hurriedly hopping in line behind them, but once the two of you "accidentally" reach for the same bag of potato chips and your hands touch, it'll be worth the wait. Even if, you know, it seems a little stalker-ish.
- The ol' drop-your-books trick. High school is ridden with kids falling over imaginary cracks in the sidewalk, so it won't look out of the ordinary for you to "trip" in the hallway and drop your books in front of your crush. (Note: if your crush is a rebel, bad-ass type, helping you pick up your books might ruin their reputation. Don't be hurt; just interpret their cool smirk and/or mean laughter as a sign of complete, utter devotion.)
- Wear clothes that light up. Nothing gets people's attention like a flashing neon t-shirt! Unfortunately, this will probably attract everyone's attention and not just your crush's, and your teachers will most likely hate you for distracting all of their students...but it's worth it to see your crush's face widen with shock and confusion total admiration.
- Send them secret admirer notes. "Roses are red, violets are blue, you might not know me, but I love watching you." Creepy? More like...invested.
- Talk to them between classes. If your school is small enough, you can use your 5-minute breaks to strike up random conversations with your crush. Start out with small things like "Are pirates better than ninjas?" and slowly build up to bigger conversations, like "Will you run away with me?" Actually talking to your crush will make him/her think you're friendly and not at all interested in having their babies (at least not immediately).
- Join extracurriculars. It doesn't even have to be the one your crush is in. Just join something, and then you can invite them along for the sake of "recruitment." And if someone wonders why their are so many hot dudes showing up to the Gumball Machine Lovers Club, well, you can tell them it's just an attractive hobby.
- Detention. Every school has one of those teachers who likes match-making, yeah? Well, get on their good side and ask them to put you and your crush in Saturday morning detention together. If it worked for the Breakfast Club, it'll work for you, right?
- Do something interesting. Like getting your diary published in the school newspaper, or hosting a cool party at your house. Then, your crush will recognize you as THAT girl or THAT guy and instantly want to hang out with you.
- Become friends with their friends. If you're buddies with all of your crush's buddies, they'll HAVE to talk to you every now and then...but be careful not to be too buddy-ish with your crush's buddies, or people will think the buddy is your crush. Or that you're interested in polygamy. One of the two.
Got any tips on getting close to your crush?