Your Guide to Keeping Secrets
We all have secrets. From the moment we wake up to the moment we go to bed, there’s always a pressure in the back of our minds, asking "Can you keep a secret?”
And the answer is no. No, we can’t. We can never keep a secret.
No matter how good we are with lies, we eventually spill the secret some way or the other. We write it in our journals, tell it to our pets, tell it to the trees, and maybe even shout it in a park. Even the thought of spilling it infects our brain like a virus. We feel so insecure and helpless when we're holding a secret. Now comes the important question: WHY?We’re afraid for no reason. A secret isn’t something as terrible as poison. It won't gobble up your toes in the middle of the night. It’s just something we know that others don’t, like knowing an answer to a difficult question on a test. It’s just a privilege. We know something THEY DON’T. It’s nothing to be afraid of. There’s no penalty. And for those who want to learn the secret behind keeping a secret:
1. Keep repeating the secret to yourself. Eventually it’s gonna feel like something totally normal and you won’t have to worry. The more natural it feels, the less it will envelope you.
2. Don’t hint about the secret and avoid topics related to it.
3. Pretend that there’s nothing special about it. That way you don’t have to make a big deal out of it and can go on with your day as normal as possible.
4. Best friends shouldn’t always be trusted. Sometimes, your best friend is the last person you should tell your secrets to.
5. “I told my Mom about it.” Never do that. Moms talk to other moms, and eventually they’re gonna spill it out somehow.
6. BE NORMAL. This is just a privilege, and there's nothing wrong with it. Nobody sees the "I Have a Secret" sign on your shirt but you.
7. Write it down on toilet paper and flush it. That way you’ll flush it out of your mind too.
But remember, the key to keeping a secret is to believe in yourself. There’s nothing wrong in keeping secrets. It’s like a password. You don’t have to share it if you don’t want to.
Tips To Remember:
1. Don’t keep secrets about being pregnant or being ill. It’s gonna shake you terribly in the long run.
2. Secrets don’t mean lying to people. It’s about choosing not to share. Never lie to people who trust you and care about you.
Are you a good secret keeper?
Post by gothika99!