Yet another Step-Up movie is in theaters, and like all the Step-Ups before it, the quality of the movie will most likely depend on how often they stop to introduce a tedious plot point, thus interrupting the awesomeness of water-drenched crunking. I think I speak for everyone when I say: fewer speeches about hopes and dreams, more poping and locking. Come to think of it, maybe there are other films that could be improved by the addition of dancing...
1. Everything is Illuminated: This comedic drama starring Elijah Wood and his gigantic magnified eyes doesn't really have a moment crying out for a dance scene, but almost every minute has some kind of danceable song.
2. Heathers: It would be hard to improve this teen classic, but I've always thought that a school dance just above a ticking bomb would have seemed more dramatic then a pep rally.
3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Yule Ball had everything: tuxedo robes, Flitwick crowd surfing, and plenty of teenage angst. Wouldn't it have been awesome to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione breaking' it down in an epic dance battle?
4. The Hangover: It seems like a dance scene was the only thing they left out of that movie.
5. Liar Liar: Thanks to his son's wish, Jim Carey's hips don't lie either.
6. The Avengers: Thor break-dancing. Tony Stark bobbing his head. Hulk smashing to the beat. They couldn't have at least done a "we saved the world" victory dance?
7. The Princess Bride: I would accept a dance scene in the form of a romantic waltz between Buttercup and Wesley, OR some kind of pirate flashmob.
8. Edward Scissorhands: They can cut, they can sculpt, but can they hand jive?
9. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey: Because the internet has taught us nothing is more entertaining than dancing pets.
10. Save the Last Dance: There can never be enough dancing in that movie.
What other movies do you think are sorely in need of a dance scene?