Skip over navigation

Did You Guys Watch the New Bravo Show Gallery Girls?

Did You Guys Watch the New Bravo Show Gallery Girls?

By Emily Winter

Last night the new reality show Gallery Girls premiered on Bravo. The show follows seven girls in their early twenties trying to "make it" in the art world in New York. I happen to have gone to high school with one of the girls, so I watched. Couldn't not. I haven't decided whether I'm a fan of the show—the term "art" is so subjective that the show's foundation seems a little mushy, but on the other hand, cute, arty girls traipsing around New York is a sparkly train wreck of chunky-heeled proportions. I'm dying to know what you guys thought. If you didn't see it, here's the Bravo page, and these were the peaks and valleys:

PEAK: Chantel's snark. "I don't think I can go to that dinner, because if I do, I'll kill myself."

VALLEY: Angela. Just really sucks. She's got the maturity level of a fifth grader, the body of a model, and the ego of Ryan Lochte. Scary combo. I wanted to like her, but she's too self-absorded to find endearing, even ironically.

PEAK: Amy being over the top. Whether she's getting eyelash extensions, drinking too much, or laying on fake compliments, the girl is the epitome of hilarious, endlessly-watchable excess.

VALLEY: Maggie, stop playing with your hair.

PEAK: Frequent referencing of the NYC map. Learn a little New York geography while watching rich girls claw each others' eyes out!

VALLEY: Eli Klein. *barfs on self repeatedly*

What did you think?

Topics: Fashion, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: reality tv, recaps, bravo, gallery girls

Write your own comment!