Skip over navigation

The Best Cream Cheese Frosting Ever

The Best Cream Cheese Frosting Ever

By Shivani

Summer is quickly drawing to a close, and I’m spending my last moments of freedom in a vague haze, going on mental dates with Sebastian Stan and eating my weight in cheese puffs and Red Vines. To say I’m lazy and unproductive is an understatement, as the most I’ve managed to do this week is read a copy of Teen Vogue and paint my nails.

This week’s recipe is a relic from when my mom used to bake, approximately two decades ago. I think she gave it up to maintain her figure, but I undermined her efforts when I started puttering around the kitchen. This frosting is perfect for three reasons: 1) it’s not too sweet 2) it takes approximately three minutes to make and 3) it complements just about anything frosting can go on, from cake to brownies. It might be a good idea to double up on the recipe if you end up “tasting” (eating half of it) before actually putting it on something.

Best Cream Cheese Frosting Ever
Covers 1 13 x 9 cake or equivalent

Ingredients
2 oz. regular cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp butter

Directions
1. Beat cream cheese and butter until fully combined.
2. Add powdered sugar in small increments, stirring until fully combined.
3. Stir frosting until smooth.

Topics: Life
Tags: recipes, desserts, cooking with shivani, sweets, frosting

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @padmashiv.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.