Skip over navigation

How to Make Frozen Bananas, Bluth-Style

How to Make Frozen Bananas, Bluth-Style

By Shivani

I’m excited for the fourth season of Arrested Development. So excited that I actually flipped a table over when I read Jason Bateman’s tweet about filming starting in four weeks.

It was only a coffee table, not that you'd know that based on the way my mom lost her rag over my antics. I call it the first bloom of youth; she calls it blind recklessness. I think she’s just cranky because I dented her magazines in my excitement.

Honestly though, I couldn’t help it. Flipping the table was total reflex. I love this show and I have been waiting for this moment ever since rumors of an Arrested Development movie surfaced. In honor of the return of the Bluth family and their shenanigans, I’ve been rewatching all three seasons and eating frozen bananas like there’s no tomorrow. An AD icon, these frozen bananas are a lot like soft serve ice cream, but better, because they are made with bananas and smothered with chocolate and nuts. They are amazing even if you’ve never seen the glory of Arrested Development.

Bluth-Style Frozen Bananas
Serves 4

Ingredients
4 medium bananas
2 ½ cups chocolate chips
1 cup almonds, crushed

Directions
1. Peel bananas and skewer with chopsticks.
2. Place on wax paper and freeze overnight.
3. Pull bananas out of freezer. Melt chocolate chips by microwaving on high in 30 second intervals, stirring frequently until completely smooth.
4. Coat bananas in chocolate by smearing or pouring chocolate. Immediately sprinkle crushed nuts over chocolate.
5. Consume immediately.

Note: The chocolate will harden quickly once on the banana. Avoid dipping the banana into the chocolate to keep it from stiffening early.

Topics: Life
Tags: tv, recipes, arrested development, bananas, cooking with shivani, dessert

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter @Shivani_Aluru.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.

From Our Partners