Skip over navigation

We Interview Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, Stars of The Amazing Spider-Man!

By Chelsea Dagger Jun 27, 2012

1 of 27

This Movie Was Made For You, Sparkle-Butts

In case you're still not sure if you're going to check out The Amazing Spider-Man when it hits theaters on July 3, let me offer you the following advice:

SEE IT, YOU FOOL. SEE IT IMMEDIATELY. PROBABLY JUST BUY 20 TICKETS AND SEE IT 20 TIMES IN A ROW, BECAUSE IT IS THAT. GOOD.

Thanks to the awesome people at Sony, I was lucky enough to see an advanced screening, and I left the theater in absolute AWE. (You can ask Intern Jenny to confirm this statement—I literally walked out in a trance-like state, muttering the words "perfect," "epic," and "Andrew Garfield in spandex" over and over like a Spider-Man obsessed zombie).

Everything about the film, from the insanely cool stunts (many of which Andrew actually performed himself) to the squee-inducing flirting scenes between Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker (I could watch a whole movie of these two trying to ask each other out) is basically custom-made for Sparklers: it's geekiness in all its glory, awkward teen love mixed with an underdog hero story, killer special effects, A-plus acting, and, ahem, ANDREW GARFIELD IN SPANDEX. It really doesn't get any better.

Well actually, it gets better for me—because the day after the screening, I got to attend the Spider-Man press conference at the gorgeous Crosby Hotel—with Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield. As if that wasn't incredible enough, there were also free chocolate croissants and mini bacon sandwiches. YEP, I AM LIVING THE DREAM.

Click through to read the interviews with Emma and Andrew, and then make some room on your "Top Ten Favorite Movies of All Time" list—because The Amazing Spider-Man is about to swing into the number one spot. (BOOM! WEB-RELATED JOKE=ACCOMPLISHED!)

All images courtesy Sony
Topics: Life, Celebs & Stuff, Summer Movies
Tags: superheroes, action movies, heroines, movies we love, thrillers, andrew garfield, emma stone, spider-man, the amazing spiderman movie, celeb interviews, summer blockbusters, the amazing spider-man, gwen stacy, warner bros

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.

From Our Partners