Skip over navigation

How to Make a Watermelon-Mango Freeze

How to Make a Watermelon-Mango Freeze

By Shivani

I think I’m having an existential crisis. I’m trying to pick a major, but I can’t get close to making a decision without spiraling into deeply philosophical territory and getting distracted by my own mortality and the concept of infinity.

Even though it’s not a super restrictive decision, I cannot work past the fact that picking a major will affect the rest of my life. When I was five I never answered the question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” normally. I always said something incredibly impossible like, “I want to be a rocket ship” or “I would like to professionally eat doughnuts.” Really sensible career options, those are. I feel like the question is even harder to answer because I like so many things. I genuinely like studying and learning, and everything I’ve looked into at college has appealed to me. It’s not a silly concern or even a pressing one, but I can’t stop thinking about it. I know I can’t be the only one who doesn’t have an exact idea of where she’s going, but it still feels that way.

On the bright side, the weather has been great, which makes it easier to kick back and mull over my options. Even better is that I get to do it poolside with a frosty, fruity drink in hand. This summer, much like every other summer of my life, has led to the excess consumption of watermelon. This recipe expands on that by making it even easier to deliver tasty watermelon goodness into my mouth with minimal effort so I can carry on being a complete sloth while I ponder things like infinity and what I want to do in three years.

Watermelon-Mango Freeze
Serves 2

Ingredients
4 cups watermelon, cubed
1 cup mango, cubed
½ lime, juiced
¼ cup sugar

Directions
1. Freeze the watermelon and mango cubes in separate bowls overnight or until completely solid.
2. In a blender first puree the mango. When smooth, add the watermelon and blend until smooth.
3. Add the sugar and lime juice. Pulse sparingly until fully combined.
4. Serve immediately with a fanciful straw.

Note: Indian mangoes are the least stringy and yield a very smooth puree.

Topics: Life, College Advisor
Tags: summer, recipes, college life, drinks, cooking with shivani, choosing a major, frozen drinks

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @padmashiv.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.