Skip over navigation

H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter Is Insane

H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter Is Insane

By Brandon Specktor

We should've expected as much from the dude who got his start writing for Weird Tales magazine and is known today by top literary scholars as Cthulhu's Babydaddy—but seriously, you guys. H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter account is kind of insane.

The muggy days and endless nights of summer are a perfect occasion to delve into Lovecraft's void-probing horror stories. They're also the perfect time to help fund a cooky, Lovecraft-inspired digital font. But before you do either of those things, read some of these prime tweets we copped from H.P.'s feed (@McLovinCraft) and get a sense of the long, meaningless ride we all have ahead of us:

Stood up once again. The world is indeed a Rick Roll.

Almost 300k followers yet I remain governed by my own ignorance, decay, and horrific, looming destruction. #humblebrag

Blue, green, grey, white, or black; smooth, ruffled, or mountainous; that tumblr is not silent.

Tomorrow @EdgarAllenBro and I will be discussing the futility of hope and the slaughtered goat we found by the river. Pls #follow !!!

#FF the unknowable void

#FF your foolish pride into jetblack infinity

#FF @TheRealJustinBieber

The abyss—that boundless and hideous unknown, which contains within it all numbers, and none. #50thingsilove

RT if you fear the unknown

RT if you've spoken w/ Hastur the Unspeakable

RT if the voices return every night, screaming ;)

Reminder: I will be live blogging the #necronomicon at 6pm on June 6th until the great tentacled dark swallows the world entire. Pls #follow !!!

I just checked into the nightmare corpse-city R'lyeh on @foursquare

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Sry bout those last tweets, guys. My cat just walked across the keyboard.

Throw a stick, and the servile dog wheezes and pants and stumbles to bring it to you. Do the same before a cat, and she will lol.

Mine's named Poopsy.

She's a good girl.

But she cannot has cheezburger.

We may grovel and plead lifelong for cheezburger, but in the end we cannot take cheezburger with us.

RT if you long for cheezburger.

RT if you know the blackness of soulrending disappointment.

RT if u r dead ;)

Whose Twitter feed do you want to see next?

Image by Dominique Signoret via Wikimedia

Topics: Books
Tags: twitter, sci fi, authors, writers, funny things, hp lovecraft

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Brandon Specktor

For 22 years, Brandon was a fat kid living in Tucson, AZ, which gave him lots and lots of time to write. He now works at a magazine in New York City, but still loves writing almost as much as he loves muffins.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.