Skip over navigation

1, 2, 3, 4, I DECLARE A THUMB WAR-Help Put a Stop to Texting and Driving!

1, 2, 3, 4, I DECLARE A THUMB WAR-Help Put a Stop to Texting and Driving!

By Chelsea Dagger

If there's one things you butts are great at, it's being HILARIOUS—you've proved time and time again that you are basically the Albus Dumbledores of joke-telling. So whenever an opportunity arises that calls for professional funniness, I automatically think of you—and it just so happens that one such opportunity has arisen today, thanks to our amazing pals at DoSomething.org! Their new campaign, the awesomely-titled Thumb Wars, is dedicated to helping save lives by putting an end to texting and driving, one of the most common causes of car accidents among teens.

How can you help? JUST BY BEING FUNNY. Simply get yourself over to Thumb Wars before June 6, check out the illustration they've posted, and and come up with your cleverest caption! When you sign up and post your caption in their comments, you'll not only have a shot at comedic fame and glory, you'll also be entered to win a celeb-signed pair of THUMB SOCKS. Oh yes, I said THUMB SOCKS. Trust me, you're going to want some of these babies. I wear mine DAILY.

REMEMBER: You won't be entered to win if you write your caption in our comments—you've got to write it HERE. So get typing—BUT YOU BETTER NOT BE TYPING IN YOUR CAR, MORON. OR ELSE.

Topics: Life, Help Out!
Tags: texting, driving, bad habits, dosomething.org, good causes, causes, thumb wars

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.